Skip to main content

Blind Date?

Blind date?

What is that? It has been my question since then.  Well, I was just so innocent before yet now I know that blind date is something we do to look for true love. However most of the blind dates I know now are made for a romantic thingy. My only question is, "so this blind date, it is only made for people."? I believe that it is not just made for people to find love for each other but also to have a date with a book where we can find love from the Father.

It has been said that love has a lot of meaning yet no one can sincerely define it. Yes, indeed we have a lot of things in our mind so we try defining love yet those are just the descriptions of how we feel when we are in love or heart broken. Yet, I may say that we can also find love inside a book. Yes, that's right. Since that we are looking for love, OMFLIT bookstore in SM Pampanga held an event called Blind Date with a Book. Well, who says that blind date is just for searching a partner or we often say as soul mate.

For our naked eyes, yes that maybe true. But also there are various ways so we can search for the love we long for. and that is through a book. Since that is the love month, actually it is just our country who classifies this month as a valentine month though it is just really for a day. Last February 13, 2014, OMFLit Bookstore held an event called Blind Date with a Book in SM City Pampanga which inhibited great participation among our fellows believers in Christ though most were students. It was mentioned that we can also find true love on a book straight from the very heart of God. It was nice to know that we still the true meaning of love though we have described it in a lot of ways. But really, if we dig deeper in the scriptures, we will find its true meaning. According to 1 John 4:8, God is love.

With the event, songs and fun games were played yet most of the winners came from the same church. We learned so much in participating. We learned how to be interactive with each other though that was the first we met our fellow brethren. We so much enjoyed how the event went on in generating new relationship among the staffs and customers of OMFLit. We have built a strong sense of friendship with spiritual and moral respect.

These are the few value we can get from a book. Anyway, going back to the event, one of the highlights of the said event was to give books through a raffle. Registration came from different ways; online, text and walked in. A twist was included with the raffle of the books. Said that, you've won a book, however it doesn't fit you, you can just simply give it to a friend or choose another book. Also, we also unwrapped the books each one won. Not only that, the books were given but also freebies like chocolates.

We also have given discounts on the Kaibigan Membership card. Before new membership of the card is actually being given for Php 250 but on that event's day it was given for Php 150 only and renewals from Php 200 to Php 100 especially given to our brothers and sisters. Not just that, the bookstore gave 20% discount to all the books including the bibles with different version written and produced by foreign authors.

Being one of the attendees, I have learned so much with that event. I am so grateful that we have this kind of bookstore who provided me resounding friendship and assurance that I have them to count on. I learned to face my fears of standing in front of unfamiliar faces. Truly that event has brought as heartwarming joy. It has given us adequate love that we can only find in the Father, expressed by our friends and written in His books. It has unveiled the veil so we can easily come to Him. He has given everything for us, we just need to embrace the truth that no matter what God loved us, loves us and will continually love us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost

There are times I keep on questioning myself on why am I here? Why am I doing what I am doing? Is it that worthwhile to do the things I thought I am supposed to do or asked to do? These are the questions running in my head now. I may know the answer before but now it is starting to vague. I am starting to question my intention or the will which I am supposed to follow. It is sad that people thought I am that good where in fact I am not. They even thought that I maybe a super human which I am not. I am not okay. I always thought I have found my track but it seems the road I am heading is starting to fade. I have always thought that I have the best things in my life but right now they seem to be wrong. I have been asking why these things are happening. As to when these things will leave me. But no answer. Nothing at all. Am I drunk? Am I crazy? Have I totally lost my mind? Am I sick? Oh dude, I need help. I am drowning. I am sucking these flowers out of my head. I am petrified. It

3 Pm Service with Guest Preacher Major Amir Tsarfati

Opening scripture: 2 Chronicles 20:17 NLT Songs: * Our God is Fighting by Catherine Mullins * See A Victory by Elevation Worship * What A Beautiful Name (Bridge and Chorus) by Hillsong Communion: * Philippians 3:10-11 AMPC Reprise Song: * What A Beautiful Name (Bridge and Chorus) by Hillsong Giving Video Announcement Ptr. Mitch Bday Celebration Ptr. Alvin introduced Maj Amir with his video testimony for 5mins. Major Amir Tsarfati "I may not have given the world enough chances and decided to give the world chances."? " Why do you have to pray to Jesus? Is God not enough?" Number one that people were searching is world war 3 if you will search on google this is what they are looking. A lot of people are asking a very simple question, "who goes where"?  My nephew, neighbor if they die, where would they go? God prepare a place for us that is so perfect. NO flood, tsunami or anything. God made all things just by speaking. and God